Thursday, March 20, 2014

JUA KALI DIARY ALERT

JUA KALI DIARY REVIVED

I have been committed to keeping my blog reserved for my published (and occasionally unpublished) stories, but as one of my editors at Business Daily siggested that i also share my views on this and that, I have reconsidered reviving my Jua Kali Diary.
 'The Journalist' by Dennis Muraguri which he showed at the recent Circle Art Agency pop-up exhibition Pix by Margaretta

The Jua Kali Diary was an ethnographic project that i developed while doing my :Ph.D research from 2009. I was running all around the Kenyan countryside interviewing artists and writing up details of my conversations that didnt necessarily fit into press stories. The Diary had more comprehensive details about the artists and i shared opinions that i wouldnt necessarily include in press stories.
For a starter,
My theatre review of Sitawa Namwalie's Silence is a Woman on Saturday night at Swifteye Gallery. it was fantastic. (L-R) Melvin Alusa, Sitawa, Aleya Kassam. Pix by margaretta


I also went to see Friends' Ensemble's romantic comedy, Kiss your Ex at Alliance Francasise Sunday night, starring Joe Kinyua and Lydia Gitachu.
 
BUS TRIP TO COAST
I'll be traveling by Modern Bus tomorrow early to Mombasa where i will attend a surprise birthday party for the 90 year old award-winning Kenyan playwright Kuldip Sonhji. Then Saturday i will watch his play, Beach Access, which won the BBC Playwring Competition in 1997.

In the meantime, i am trying to catch up on stories about\;
-the House of Waine
- 10 IB scholarships,
- Francophone Fortnight
-Arterial Network Media Strategy Plan
- Kenya Arts Diary 2015 stuff
etc.
i am a busy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment